Does your workplace or child’s school have a no-nuts policy? With these delicious muesli bars you won’t even miss the nuts, we promise.
- 2 cups desiccated coconut (190g)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds (80g)
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds (80g)
- 10 Medjool dates, soft, or chopped (220g)
- 1/2 cup raisins (75g)
- 1/2 cup dark choc chips (85g)*
- 2 tablespoons of honey (75g) (can be substituted for maple syrup or brown rice syrup)
- 4 tablespoons hulled tahini (110g)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- preheat your oven to 180 degrees C. Grease and line a square 20cm tin with baking paper overhanging the sides for easy removal.
- Place the ingredients into your processor and blend until the mixture is broken down and sticking together. Press the mixture firmly into the baking tin and place it into the oven for 25 minutes until the mixture begins to slightly brown.
- Take out of the oven then pull out the square by the overhanging baking paper, allow to cool for 5 minutes before cutting it up into strips.
- Keep bars in an airtight container for up to a week, if they last that long!
*Other add-in options include dried cranberries, dried bananas, puffed quinoa, puffed rice, activated buckwheat, dried apricot, sultanas, dried cherry, currants,