Deliciously soft and fluffy biscuits, with the added sweetness and wholesomeness of pureed pumpkin, they’re sure to appeal in lunchboxes!
- For the cookie dough:
• ¼ cup of melted cooled coconut oil (or melted butter)
• 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
• ¼ cup organic cane sugar/ rapidura sugar/ coconut sugar
• 1 tbs pure maple syrup
• 1 egg at room temperature
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 1 ½ cups packed fine almond flour (or fine almond meal)
• 3 tbs coconut flour
• ¼ tsp baking powder
• 1 tbs pumpkin pie spice (1 ½ tsp cinnamon, ½ tsp nutmeg, ½ tsp ground ginger, ¼ tsp allspice or ground cloves
- optional for topping: melted dark chocolate to drizzle
Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
Combine coconut oil, puree, maple syrup, egg. Slowly add in dry ingredients, mix until nicely combined.
Use tablespoons of batter to shape the biscuits and bake for 20 minutes until lightly browned on top.
Allow to cool for 15 minutes before drizzling to your heart’s content with melted chocolate! These biscuits will be soft but hold together well. Enjoy!