Unless you are living under a rock here in Australia, we ALL know who Lorna Jane is, a healthy lifestyle advocate with an amazing activewear brand and massive following. She has also written several books which include awesome recipes and lifestyle hacks. This Nut Free Bliss Ball recipe is the bomb, perfect for school lunches, with our now “NUT FREE SCHOOL POLICIES”, but still LOADED with nutrients!!
Makes: 12 balls
- 3/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup pepitas
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut + an extra 2 T for rolling afterwards
- 2 Tbs ground chia seeds
- 1 level Tbs linseeds
- 10 fresh pitted Medjool dates)
- 1/2 tsp ground fennel seeds (Note: If liquorice flavour isn’t for you then replace the fennel seeds with 2 Tablespoons of cacao powder for a chocolate hit).
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a food processor and process on high for 2 minutes.
- With the motor running add the dates one by one until the mixture starts to come together.
- Switch off the processor and remove the blade and using your hands take about a tablespoon of the mixture at a time and roll it into balls
- Roll the balls in desiccated coconut
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.